Pros & Cons of self-publishing an e-book
- Uploading is easy.
- If you go with a company, you can leave it be & let go!.
- Large companies have people come to them.
- Passive marketing-or none- is possible.
- Your book can go international.
- You can choose an “on demand” printing option.
- You have lots of control over the cover and the looks of the book on the inside.
- You can do-it-yourself
- You can pay if you need help.
- It can be quick and easy.
- Marketing is more difficult.
- You may not earn a lot, because…
- It’s harder to sell.
- If you upload to your own site, marketing is hard.
- You have to work twice as hard to promote it, and…
- You don’t have any hard copies, unless you order and pay for some.
- You can do this with little to no money up front.